DNS Security; Ten Things You Need to Know

Speakers: Ben Greisler

Level: All Levels, Lecture

Excerpt: The Domain Name System is the core of computer and device network communications. Keeping it secure from threats both malicious and accidental is critical to keeping your organization working.

Description: In this session we will go over ten DNS security concepts to help keep your network humming along. We need to protect this very core system from threats both malicious and “fumbling human”. Some items we will look at is DNSSEC (and why it still isn’t widely used), non-technology attack vectors (Hi, I am Chris from IT, can you give me the password) and the omnipresent bumbling human (wait, the bill wasn’t paid?). Attendees will leave with a handful of actionable items to help keep their DNS safe.

About the speaker

Ben Greisler (Twitter: @magikben) – Owner – Kadimac Corp

This is the place I am supposed to be telling you how long my history is in the IT/Apple world but AARP decided to send me a membership card today and that is a bit of a buzzkill so let’s just say that I’ve had an opportunity to learn from and stand on the shoulders of some really smart people. I have written books that many of you are familiar with and I have had the honor of speaking to my peers many times in the past. What I really do is help others do their job more easily.

This entry was posted in MacAdmins 2018 Sessions. Bookmark the permalink.